The Ventus 2cx is a high performance open class (18 m) glider. We at ICARE
are very proud to offer here a (1:2.4) large scale reproduction of
this very high performance
glider. As you can see on the little video it behaves like a pussy, very docile
flying and generous in performance. It is a great ship to fly, smooth
and gentle, yet aggressive at high speed, a joy to fly.
With a span of 7.5m this 1:2.4 scale Ventus
2cx is a very fine scale ship. With the 7.5m wingspan you have a
great thermal ship that really rolls into thermals, very easy to get up.
While with the short wing tips at 6.25m you have a real aerobat, that
can do the craziest manoeuvres, imagination is the limit. This is an all
moulded model of the finest, wings are hollow moulded sandwich
technology, which uses Herex as core material.
The cockpit comes with a
instrument mushrooms and seat, add some scale details such as instruments. All that remains for the builder to do is add a scale pilot for
This glider comes
almost completely built, and ready for radio installation. Only a few hours are
required, before you go to the field. The moulded wings are made from
fibreglass and carbon
components, a carbon and glassfibre strengtheners runs through the centre
of the wings. 1200m of carbon tow are required to build the main spar. Wings are coming with two sets of
moulded wingtips-wing extension. Airbrakes are installed and ready to be
connected by the mean of a mini servo. Ailerons and flaps are hinged
ready to hook up. The high gloss, gel coated Fiberglas fuselage has the
wing joiner carrying tubes installed. The cockpit comes with all main components like the instrument mushrooms,
seats, head rests done. Canopy is fitted with scale hinges like the full size.
A high quality shock absorbed retractable landing gear comes with brakes and is installed
with its servo ready to work. A small package hardware and short building instructions are completing the kit. If you would like to venture into
large scale gliders this Ventus 2cx is a must!
Radio requirements are:
- Aero tow system:
1x standard servo.
- Ailerons: 2x high torque servo.
- Flaps: 4x high torque servo.
- Airbrakes: 2x standard servo (for size of box).
- Rudder: 1x standard servo.
- Elevator: 2x standard servo.
- Landing gear: 2x standard servo.
Kit comes highly prefabricated and very complete. Detailed kit content:
- Hollow moulded wings, fibreglass/epoxy, carbon
- Airbrakes installed ready to operate
- Fully moulded fuselage, carbon reinforced
and retract bulkheads installed
- Hollow moulded tails surfaces
- Outfitted cockpit with seat and instrument mushroom
- Canopy fitted and painted
- Large scale landing gear with brake and shock
absorbers– installed with servos
- Protective transportation bags
- White Canopy protective sun cover
- Complete hardware package
6.25 - 7.5 m, ARF moulded kit, price:
6689.00U$, Intro offer 6489.00U$
in flight video